March is #BestBuddiesMonth (Disabilities Awareness Month)! What started in 1993 as a one-day event has become a month-long celebration promoting one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). This month, join Best Buddies in Central Illinois as we celebrate the achievements of our participants and supporters, and continue to expand our mission globally.
Founder Anthony Kennedy Shriver recently said, “When I started Best Buddies 32 years ago at Georgetown University, I never imagined that this organization would impact the lives of more than 1.3 million people across the globe, spanning 56 countries and six continents. We could not have done this without your endless support and dedication, so THANK YOU!”
Best Buddies in Central Illinois would love for you to join our opportunities to celebrate! Start by taking the pledge to “Spread the Word: Inclusion!”
Here are some ways you can celebrate locally!
- Sign up for the Best Buddies Friendship Walk April 24th at the Corn Crib!
- March 4th – Join the Good Neighbor Best Buddies Friendship Walk Kick-Off at 6pm on Zoomhttps://zoom.us/j/92009987254?pwd=VWFxMHNVNXhKd2V4ck9qZGtUMmNkdz09
Meeting ID: 920 0998 7254
- Order anything from mywoodenelement.com and use the code BBIL to get 10% off and 20% will be donated to Best Buddies
- Order anything from Country Club BBQ on March 6th and 10% will be donated to Best Buddies in Central Illinois
- Go to BloNo Pizza Co and check out the driving range. Say “Can I get a buddy bucket?” to get a half priced bucket of driving range balls!
Want to learn more about Best Buddies and ways to get involved? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details on programs, the Friendship Walk, and ways to get involved.
Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).